This last spring we had a bird’s nest in the tree next to our house and right outside my home office window. It was pure joy to watch the mama and daddy cardinal sitting on the eggs, watching over the nest and then feeding the little baby birds. And now we have four sets of cardinal pairs instead of two.
One of the joys of my life these days is seeing all the birds around the house. They serve as a constant reminder of the Father’s love for me. I am stand (well, usually sit – these days) at the glory of the Father’s creativity. On any one day, we see at least 10-15 different varieties of birds.
On those days, when I am not feeling particularly valuable. The Father speaks in soft and loving tone “You are valuable to me” through those birds.
Today I am grateful for:
- Reconnecting with old friends
- Bright sunshine on a crisp cold day
- Small successes
- Wood burning stoves that not only heat the house but great to watch and listen to the wood crackle and pop
- My body even when it feels like it is betraying me
- The Provision of Abba Father
What are you grateful for?