Our paster, Brian Wade, from Belmont Church in Nashville, TN has discussed over the recent weeks about knowing that God is there for us on mountain tops and in the valleys of life. It is easy to know the God is there on the mountain tops
- when our relationships are in order,
- when our jobs and finances are going well,
- when we feel His presence,
- in short, when everything feels good.
When the opposite things are true:
- when relationships are in disarray,
- We have lost of job or are worried about our jobs, finances or the economy,
- when nothing seems to be going the way we expected or to be honest, just plain want,
- and we may not feel his presence.
Today, I read this verse something jumped out at me. Abba Father is bringing me and you into a good land. That is the promise. This has streams, springs and pools of water. But what else does that “good land” also have. This land has mountain and valley. Both the mountain tops experiences and the valley where we have Jesus – our Living Water – make up the “good land”
Abba Father, today I give thanks for:
- The Living Word in my life as I live in the good land that you have provided and are bringing me into
- Christmas songs
- Honest relationship
- Progress even in the small steps